Friday, April 11, 2008

My Spirit's Sigh

I have a friend who, bless their heart, seems to be convinced that everyone wants to know everything about their life, day, hour, etc. This person does not hold back; they tell their stories with great detail and vigor just knowing their audience is enthralled. Honestly, this is one of this person's defining qualities and I really do like it about them. However, I am just not the same way. 

I rarely feel inclined to just give someone a run down of my day; not even my closest friends. I just don't think it's that interesting and I don't want people to be bored with me. What all of this made me realize today is that this blog is my substitute for rambling to "real" people. I can write a long post here and not feel like I'm pressuring anyone to feel like they care. People can stop by and when they realize just how boring I am they can exit their browsers. They won't feel guilty, because I won't know. It really is a win-win situation and I plan on exploiting it further!

Speaking of work, I had a really good time today at HEB. The word has gotten around that I've put in my two weeks notice and a lot of people have shared that they are sad that I'll be leaving,  etc. It really made me feel good and I realized that I do have a real talent with connecting with people in a short amount of time (I've only worked there since the end of Jan.). I will really miss some of these people too but at the same time, I'm really excited about moving on from Kerrville. I feel that I've really grown here and accomplished a lot, but feel like graduation has come at a healthy time for me. I'm about to close this chapter and am at peace about it.

Wow, I love life... and Leona Lewis' debut album, Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment