Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Almost

I just got done with graduation rehearsal where it started becoming real. I'm very excited but also very stressed as well. None of my grades have come in (although I'm not really at any risk), I haven't started packing, I have lots of "goodbyes" to get done, and my parents will be here within the hour.

At the same time, it's all very manageable and I feel very lucky to be here. Last night the three Presbyterian Religion majors that are graduating had dinner with our internship mentors and campus minister at a faculty member's (and friend to all of us) house. It was so much fun, relaxing, and comfortable. Over dinner we talked about our best memories from Schreiner, which was really neat to discuss.

While there, my mentor told me that I needed to come to the two churches that he and his wife co-pastor and speak to the Session (governing elders for you non-Presbies) about sponsoring part of my $10,000 that I have the pleasure of raising over the summer to go to India. I actually only need $2,500 by July 15 and the rest by next July, when I come home. But, I'd really like to be done raising money before I leave in August.

So, I'm really looking forward to next week when I'll start preparing for India logistically. On Monday I will send off for my passport and Thursday I have a doctors appointment for a physical that I'm required to undergo. I also hope to meet with my home pastor to discuss my home church's sponsorship. Basically, I'm trying to hit the ground running this summer so that I don't get bored, am prepared for India (as much as that is possible), and have time to relax before I leave. I also have a lot of reading to do and plan on beginning to run again.

Wow, I'm just looking forward to being home as that means I'll have closed this book in my life's anthology instead of hanging onto the epilogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment